Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review on Wilson Sleek 4G-V

Copied is a review from www.cellphonejunkie.com. Through the past few years, I’ve had the opportunity to test out a number of signal boosting products from various companies. Wilson continues to be at the top of my list of recommendations for reliable, consistent products that are fairly easy to install, but more importantly, work well. The 4G-V is no different. I’ve been using the original Sleek in my personal vehicle for the last 15 months, and without it, I wouldn’t hold phone calls or keep data streaming on my iPhone. Now, with Verizon’s new 4G LTE network maturing throughout the Phoenix area, I have been looking for a solution to increase my data speeds on my USB modem. The Wilson Sleek 4G-V fills this need perfectly with ability to use it either in my office, or in my car. Thanks to its simple 3 part system, it can also be moved from place to place, and even comes with a travel carrying case. In recent testing, I’ve found that the LTE signal in my office is not very strong. dBm readings on pretty much any device hover in the mid -100′s, and occasionally devices will fall back to the Verizon 3G network. Testing out the Sleek in this same area, my signal strength shot up to a very respectable -74dBm using the Sleek connected to a Cradlepoint to create a hotspot. Overall Like the original Wilson Sleek, I’m happy to recommend the Sleek 4G-V as an economical and effective passive signal amplifier for either in-vehicle or home/office use. The easy installation and universal nature make this a good option for most people, and the 4G amplification for Verizon LTE bands makes this the first of its kind in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment